A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Five Weeks To Go - Back On Schedule

Wednesday 23rd September, 2009

Another week, another pair of new trainers.

This time the Asics GEL-KINSEI 2 - bought as a gift from America:
-














According to the Asics website, "the GEL-KINSEI 2 incorporate state of the art footwear technology to work in harmony with the specific needs of the runner. Ultimate cushioning and comfort in a stylish colourway."















They are gorgeous and - immediately after putting them on - I could feel the difference in stability they give compared to the Mizuno's. Itching to try them out I sped off for ten miles in the Brussels sun.

Reaching ten miles I asked myself if I would be able to carry on for another 16 miles... to be honest I wasn't sure. I don't think my fitness levels are quite yet "there" but there is still a fair amount of training to go and I think keeping focus until the taper will be key.

Also went to see "The September Issue" a documentary film about Anna Wintour and the September issue of Vogue:

No comments: