A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Monday 11 January 2010

Then It Snowed

January 10, 2009


Beautiful weather here in Brussels over the weekend, lots of snow.














I was using it as an excuse not to run and went on a long walk in the forest. What shocked me was the number of runners who were out in the cold, decked out in hats, gloves, scarves and trainers with special grip, lolloping through the forest. And loads of them where wearing STABILicers.

Made from steel, STABILicers strap over your trainers and provide extra grip so you don't skid over in the snow. They cost around £30.


I wondered if I should get some, wrap up warm and get out there, but I settled for a snow fight, building a snowman and a hot chocolate while watching Mad Men series two instead!

For those of you who are more keen, there's another blog about running in the snow here



http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=115725&sectionid=351020605

No comments: