A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Sunday 14 March 2010

LOST!

14th March, 2010

Ran over 11 miles today, really good running, listening to The Best of Groove Armada to spur me on.

Was going really well, the weather was great and I decided to be adventurous and go "off piste" taking a new route deep in the Foret de Soignes, a massive (10,920-acre) forest to the south-east of Brussels.

It is a great
place to run. It's very difficult to get bored, with a lot of different paths and surfaces to run on and a lot of other people: horse-riders, bikers, Sunday strollers, to gawp at, as well as other runners to pace with and overtake(!).




















After a while everything began to look a bit "same-y" and I ended up having to ask for directions and run back along the road.

On return home, the Garmin map shows I was actually on the right track before I turned around, but it enabled me to add a few more miles to the tally.
I will definitely run here again, as I increase my mileage ahead of the London marathon. Might consult the map a bit more carefully next time...















www.zonienwoud.be


Distance: 11.15 miles
Time: 1 hr 56 mins

Pace: 10 mins 27 seconds per mile
Calories: 1, 274

No comments: