A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Monday 19 October 2009

13 Days To Go - Anticipation Building!

Saturday 17th October, 2009

This week has been mainly about the ice-pack and the glucadol tablets, in a bid to shore up the knee ahead of the marathon. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks to go, I am getting more and more excited.

Having an injury gives me time to focus on things other than getting around the course and in what time, I've been thinking a lot about how I'll feel on the day, the atmosphere, the sense of achievement and, most importantly, my outfit for the big day.

On YouTube I found this awesome video of the course for inspiration.







On Saturday, I ran ten rainy slow miles in the forest, to keep myself in the game. It was hard going and my knee burt but most importantly, I made it round the ten and am now totally focused on the big day...!


No comments: