A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Monday 12 October 2009

20 Days To Go - Kingston

Sunday 11th October, 2009

Back in London to attend a wedding, I had also signed up to run 16 miles in Kingston. With the knee still causing me trouble, I had to drop out after 8 miles, which was a bit frustrating, but again, necessary to make sure I am in shape for NYC in 20 DAYS!!!











After dropping out of the race, I went to see the onsight physio, who said I need much more stretching and possibly a knee brace. He gave me a deep tissue massage, for my ITB, resulting in massive bruising all up the left hand side of my thigh:















Ran: 7.99 miles
Time: 74 mins
Pace: 9.25 mins per mile

No comments: