A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Kraainem Capers, Bruxelles

Tuesday 16th June, 2009

Brussels is probably the most green city I've ever lived in. The centre is tiny and good, green places to run are easily accessible.













This evening I went out with my running club around Kraainem,
to the east of the centre.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we set off at around 8pm so were running into the sunset.

The sky looked fabulous and I wished I had taken a camera. Also I've misplaced the running chip from my Nike+ set so I couldn't record exactly how far it was, which upset me, but I was reliably informed by a fellow runner that we ran 15k minimum.

I was exhausted, especially towards the end. The hot weather and sweat got to me! But I did prove to myself that running in a group provides ample motivation to keep going..



















Ran: Around 15K

Felt: Suprisingly good - all that fresh country air and adrenaline

Ate: Two burnt BBQ sausages and a whole lotta belgian beer


No comments: