A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Friday 19 June 2009

Running On A Hangover

Thursday June 18, 2009

A lovely evening and too many drinks in my local, Bistros des Restos, saw me spend most of Thursday feeling pretty out of it. But a gorgeous day in Brussels had me hankering for a run.
















Most people don't recommend running with a hangover because alcohol has a dehydrating effect
, and when you feel hungover, what you're actually experiencing is intense dehydration. Not good for running.

I tried to overcome this by drinking A LOT of water during the day, and setting off. Felt terrible, uncoordinated and clumsy but pushed on for almost five miles - you can see the massive, hangover-induced dip in the middle, here:













Ran:
4.9 miles


Time: 44 mins 59 seconds

Pace per mile:
9 mins, ten seconds


Calories:
515


Ate: A LOT:
Museli, tomato salad, steak frites, ice cream sundae, thai green curry

No comments: