A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Friday 17 July 2009

10k

Thursday 16th July, 2009


Today I discovered that if I run from my house to the forest and then twice around the pond, I make about 10k.


Having not been out for a few days, I was keen to get a good run under my belt to reassure myself that I was still "a runner".


Ususally I find the first 2 miles or so the hardest, so battling through those I pumped up the i-pod and pushed on, keeping running the whole time (try to ignore that massive v-shaped dip in the middle of the running chart below).

Felt AMAZING at the end. Bring on the marathon!













Ran: 6.22 miles or around 10k


Time: 58 mins 31 seconds

Pace per mile: 9 mins 24 seconds

Calories: 654

No comments: