A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Monday 13 July 2009

The Grim Reality

Monday 13th July, 2009

Short post today as I am not feeling that positive about the task ahead. Went out and managed a measly 3.75 miles in 39 minutes.

That's ok, according to the New York Marathon's Basic Marathon plan. I remember from my last marathon that it is more important to go running regularly - read five days a week - to keep your muscles used to running, than to push yourself to go further each time.

I hope this is true...


Victoria Beckham runs 4 miles a day, seven days a week, according to
this story in U.K. tabloid, the Sun:

"I run four miles, seven days a week," Posh Spice said. "I feel energised and healthy - there are really nice gyms here and I just enjoy it. I need that self-discipline to get up in the morning, drop the kids off at school then go to the gym. I can think properly then go home and do some work. But I do feel so much better.


"David puts music on my iPod and Gordon Ramsay bought me trainers where you have a little chip so you can clock how far you're running."

VB is a NIKE+ user too - I wonder if her screen has an error on it??

1 comment:

home exchange said...

Heh heh well if Posh does it, I'm sure there must be something about it that works! :-)