A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Saturday 11 July 2009

Summer Rain

Saturday 11th July, 2009

One of the frustrating things about Brussels is the erratic weather. The climate changes at a pace more rapid than any other city I have lived in or visited.

You can be sitting in a pavement cafe, sipping coffee in the sunshine and within a matter of minutes black clouds will have gathered, prompting a ferocious torrent of rain.


The Belgian sky. In JULY:















This morning: I dressed for my run - it was sunny - but no sooner had I donned my running shoes the rain started.
In the end I went out and ran for about half an hour in the rain. Pretty unpleasant. Retired to the gym. Oh, and my Nike+ Sportsband seems to have given up the ghost too. Not. A. Good. Day.

There's an interesting article on geeky-blog Wired about running barefoot and how it's supposed to be better for you:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/barefoot/

2 comments:

ZimZala said...

Check out the nikeplus website - pretty certain you can exchange the old one for a second generation model when it come out in August. Can't wait.

M said...

Is it definitely coming out in August? I REALLY want a new one.