A running blog for non-runners. Spur of the moment entry to the 2008 Edinburgh Marathon sparked a love/hate relationship with long distance running. Follow me as I navigate my way through the running jungle, racking up race entries, blisters and glory!

Monday 20 July 2009

Two Weekend Runs

Monday 20th July, 2009


Two short runs this weekend and a lotta Belgian beer. My two runs were each of just over 3 miles, which was fine for me. I am going to try and pack in a few longer ones this week and one looooong one at the weekend.

My exploration of Belgian beers is going to have to take a back seat as I ramp up the marathon training. These beers are seriously strong.


This weekend I tried Belgian favourite, the Chimay Bleue - a dark ale which packs a whopping 9% alcohol. Chimay - in the very far south of Belgium - has been a centre for cheese and beer production since 1862 when Cistercian Trappist monks began brewing to generate cash.

I liked the beer - it has a creamy bitter sweet taste - but it is very heavy and I couldn't take more than one.




www.chimay.com







No comments: